Monday, October 12, 2009

Back on the Ranch







My home is in the middle of no where. Really, it's the kind of place that you cannot find on the map. I was born and raised there. Born at home with a midwife. I was born in the morning as the sun was raising. I was born with my eyes closed and I began to nurse immediately. I had a childhood that was fraught with imaginative play and homeschooling. There was a time in my life when I hated the monotony of living away from civilization. There were times when the last thing that I wanted to do was pick peppers and plant seeds. But now when I return home I realize the full extent of how incredible my home is. A list of things that I love:
1. Food from the land
2. Grandchildren
3. Humor
4. Euchre
5. Hanging laundry in the winter
6. Wood heat
7. The seven Spicer kids
8. My parents
9. The garden
10. Jersey Cows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...